Last Updated: 12/22/2022
This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected or used by any third party or affiliate, including those that may link to or can be accessible via the Websites. Please review their policies. Pedcor is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of third-parties, their websites, or their apps.
Before accessing, using, or interacting with the Websites you should carefully review this Privacy Statement (https://www.pedcorcompanies.com), which are incorporated by reference. We may change our Privacy Statement from time to time and encourage you to review them whenever you interact with us.
User Consent: By choosing to interact with Pedcor, including through our Websites, advertisements, applications, services and events, and by communicating with us via email, telephone, or in person, you consent to the collection and use of information as described in this Privacy Statement and you represent that you are at least 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16 or you do not consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Statement, please exit and do not use our Websites or other services.
- What Personal Information Does Pedcor Collect?
- How Does Pedcor Use Information About Me?
- Does Pedcor Share the Information It Receives?
- How Does Pedcor Store Information About Me?
- How Secure Is the Information About Me?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Changes to Our Notice
- Contact for More Information
What Personal Information Does Pedcor Collect?
We collect and store information that you give us directly. For example, when you:
- Contact us regarding occupancy of one of the housing communities we manage, we may collect your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number
- Submit an application to be a resident at one of the housing communities, we may collect your name (and any alias), postal address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, passport number, signature, driver’s license or state identification card number, homeowners or rental insurance policy number, educational information (if you are a student), employment-related information, financial information such as a bank account number, and demographic information such as your age and gender.
- Create an account on our resident portal (a “Resident Account”), we may collect your name (and any alias), postal address, email address, telephone number, account name, password, driver’s license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number or other financial information, Social Security number and passport number
- Request service support, we may collect your name, email contact information, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide to us regarding your request
- Email us, sign up for notifications, subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists, we may collect your name, email, phone number, and address
We also receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us online or with the Websites. For example, we use:
- Cookies, web beacons, links, and other tracking technologies to gather Information regarding your use and interaction with the Websites, our email correspondence, third party services and certain other online activities (including sites you visit, your browser type, operating system, and interactions with our content and emails)
- Third Parties, who manage our advertising on other sites, provide us information regarding your browsing activities and interests
- Unique Identifiers (such as a universally unique identifier), which we may store (including remotely) on your device persistently and may access, collect, or monitor in order to help you log in and navigate through the Websites
- Data and Mobile Analytics to collect information about your website usage, performance data, app errors, and debugging information from where the Websites were downloaded
- Log File Information to learn your IP address, browser type, access times, domain names, operating system, the referring web page(s), pages visited, location, mobile carrier, device information (including IDs), search terms, and cookie information
Pedcor also learns about you through information you make publicly available, such as on a social network. Please note, any content or information you share with or provide to third parties regarding Pedcor, your communications with Pedcor, or using or related to the Websites may not be private or confidential and is not the responsibility of Pedcor.
How Does Pedcor Use Information About Me?
Pedcor may use and process information about you for one or more of our legitimate business purposes. For example, Pedcor (and/or our Service Providers) may use your information to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason your information was collected or provided, including our suite of resident services, and to provide the necessary support to you
- Deliver communications, information or services
- Present, optimize, and maintain the security of our Websites and its contents
- Register, maintain, and provide notifications to you about your Resident Account
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crimes
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law or court order
- Research, test, analyze, and develop our products, Websites and services
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites
- Personalize your website experience and to deliver content and service offerings relevant to your interests
- Comply with our legal obligations such as state and federal audits
Does Pedcor Share the Information It Receives About Me?
Pedcor does not and will not sell your personal information. We may share information about you, including personal information, with subsidiaries who are subject to this Privacy Statement or follow practices at least as protective as those described here, or with Service Providers with whom we have entered into contracts that require personal information be kept confidential and prohibit the retention, use, or disclosure of personal information for any purpose other than the services specified. Pedcor does not share or disclose information for commercial purposes without your consent, except as described below:
- Within the Pedcor Family: We may share personal information internally within Pedcor and with our subsidiaries and affiliates. Pedcor’s personnel may have access to personal information as needed to provide and operate the Websites and provide resident services in the normal course of business.
- Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including sending mail, analyzing data (such as Google Analytics), providing marketing assessments, providing analytics information, processing payments, and providing data hosting (as specified below). They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but not for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: If we purchase other businesses or their assets, sell our business assets, or are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information, including any category of personal data collected by Pedcor, may be among assets sold or transferred and may be subsequently used by a third-party.
- Lawful Requests and Safety: We release personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, it is necessary to protect our interests, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, and to protect the safety of any person. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s, including a government’s, request to disclose your information.
- Business and Marketing Partners: We may disclose de-identified, aggregated, non-personal data received via the Websites with certain trusted business partners, without restriction. Pedcor does not share non-aggregated information or information that has not been de-identified with third-party business partners.
How Does Pedcor Store Information About Me?
The information Pedcor gathers about you may be transferred, processed, maintained on and/or accessed by us outside of your state or in a jurisdiction with different, and less protective, privacy laws. If you are in the European Union or other regions/countries with laws that may differ from the United States and choose to allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that Pedcor (or our Service Providers) may transfer, process, and store that information in the United States, or another jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws.
Pedcor works with the web hosting services providers, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS), for managing its website services and to host data.
We generally retain the information we collect only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations, or as otherwise required by law. Following the termination of your residency with us or deactivation of a Resident Account, we may retain your information and content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival and audit purposes or may delete your personal data from our systems as part of our data retention plan and cyber-hygiene policies.
How Secure Is the Information About Me?
We realize that you trust us to protect your personal information. We take that trust seriously and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are consistent with industry standards, to help protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of personal information and to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, acquisition, exfiltration, alteration and destruction. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that our Service Providers protect your information. If Pedcor becomes aware that a Service Provider is using or disclosing information improperly, we will take commercially reasonable steps to end or correct such improper use or disclosure.
While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, and account for the protection of information provided to our Service Providers through us, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances. Please do your part to help us keep your information secure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Resident Account(s), and for all activities that occur under your password or Resident Account. Pedcor specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to the Websites and any contract you have with us related to the Websites in the event we learn or suspect you have disclosed your Resident Account or password information to an unauthorized third party.
What Choices Do I Have?
We welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding how we communicate with you and the information we have collected about you, including how we use that data, the nature and accuracy of that data, to request an update, modification, or deletion, or to opt-out of certain uses. Under certain circumstances, you may also request to withdraw consent previously provided. We will endeavor to accommodate your request to the extent feasible and where required by law.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
Pedcor may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. The most current version of this Privacy Statement will govern our use of your information and will be located at https://www.pedcorcompanies.com/privacy. We will notify you of material changes to this policy by posting a notice at the Websites or by emailing you at an email address associated with your Resident Account, if applicable, and provide an “at a glance” overview of any changes.
Contact for More Information
Pedcor is located at One Pedcor Square, 770 3rd Avenue SW, Carmel, Indiana 46032. Should you have any comments or questions about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed to our postal address, via email to email@example.com or by telephone to 317.587.0320.